March 26, 2012

Mosquito Repellent



I just discovered this today and am so excited that I had to share.
Want a cheap, effective, non-toxic mosquito repellent? Fill a spray
bottle half-full of Listerine mouthwash (generic works just fine),
fill the other half with water. Shake it up and spray on skin,
clothes, around doors, patio furniture, wherever. The mosquitoes flee
from the smell. You might have to reapply after a few hours as the
smell wears off, but it works great!

We've had mosquitoes swarming around our patio, just waiting for us to
step outside. I was desperate to find something to put them at bay.
This solution came up on a quick internet search. I was skeptical, but
had a new bottle of mouthwash so decided to give it a try. The
mosquitoes flocked around me as soon as I stepped outside. I sprayed
this and within 5 seconds, they all vanished. Wish I had discovered
this last summer. Now I can turn my kids loose in the back yard
without them coming in covered with bites.

-Jennie Compton