Brothers and Sisters:
We have two opportunities for service from the Memorial Park Ward in the coming weeks. The first one is the Bishop's Storehouse on August 23, 2011 (Tuesday), from 2:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. They would like at least 6 people. Volunteers must be above 16 years of age.
Second, the Temple is looking for volunteers for the 29th of August from 12:00 p.m. - 4:00p.m. (Monday), and September 8th from 6 p.m. - 10 p.m. This involves custodial duty. Note the following instructions:
1. A current temple recommend is required.
2. Wear work cloths, not Sunday best and not white clothing.
3. Wear comfortable shoes.
4. Use the side gate on Cypresswood Drive to enter the temple parking lot as the front gate will be locked.
5. Park on the south side of the ancillary building.
6. Use the back door on the south side of the temple. Pick up the phone and dial 200. You will be let in. Be prepared to show your current recommend. The front doors of the temple will be locked.
In addition the Temple needs volunteers willing to help with security during the shutdown. They are looking for shifts to be covered for the entire 2 weeks (shifts are 7a-12p, 12p-5p, and maybe 5p-7p), August 29 until September 12th. They are also looking for volunteers to do security year round, including Mondays. If you are interested, please call Jerry Beatty at (713) 248-4657 for more information.
2013 J.D. Candidate South Texas College of Law